Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different behavior of Wildmatch on same rows

Hi,

I am reading lines from a text file and want to extract some specific data from some rows into different fields. It is working in the DataRaw table.

To not use Mid(@1, 22) all the time within the string operations esp. if it gets more complicated for the string parts I have to reload the needed field from the DataRaw table into a new table AFAIK.

But in the DataAnalysis more data is extracted from the line. It looks for me like the Wildmatch is not working properly there.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Where is my mistake?

Thanks

Christian

DataRaw:

LOAD DISTINCT

filename() as source,

Mid(@1, 22) as line,

if(Wildmatch(Mid(@1, 22), '*Condition AA*', '*Condition AB*')=1, Replace(Mid(Mid(@1, 22), 30), 'TextA', ''), Replace(Mid(Mid(@1, 22), 56), 'TextB', '')) as Field1,

if(Wildmatch(Mid(@1, 22), '*Condition BA*')=1, Mid(Mid(@1, 22), 39, 17)) as Field2

FROM

[data.txt]

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq)

where wildmatch(@1, '*Textcondition*');

DataAnalysis:

LOAD DISTINCT

@1 as raw_line,

if(Wildmatch(@1, '*Condition AA*', '*Condition AB*')=1, Replace(Mid(@1, 30), 'TextA', ''), Replace(Mid(@1, 56), 'TextB', '')) as Field1a,

if(Wildmatch(@1, '*Condition BA*')=1, Mid(@1, 39, 17)) as Field2

FROM_FIELD

(DataRaw, line)

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If I understand it correctly in DataAnalysis the wildmatch function is operating on a longer string than in DataRaw. So it may encounter more matches in the part of the string that is not processed in DataRaw because of the mid(@1, 22).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

No, the string should be the same.

I extract in DataRaw Mid(@1, 22) as line.

In DataAnalysis I load line from DataRaw again.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Was about to write same as Gysbert,

what if modifying the condition into

if(Wildmatch(Mid(@1, 22), '*Condition BA*'), ...

HTH

Peter

Not applicable
Author

That is what I am doing in DataRaw and it works. But I would like to shorten the condition to a more readable form since more difficult string operations will follow.

Thats why I reload the line from DataRaw (which is Mid(@1, 20) from the text file into @1 from DataAnalysis.

If I am not absolutely wrong the DataAnalysis.@1 is DataRaw.line. But the code is not working anymore.

Not applicable
Author

I found one issue:

I have two RawData tables with the same field. If I reload the field from RawData1 also lines from RawData2 are included in that new table.

I expected that the tables (even with same field names) are separated.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You have one DataRaw table and two loads the load data in that table. The result of both loads are concatenated because they have exactly the same fields so the result is one table with records from both loads. In one 'DataRaw' load you do a wildmatch and that processes only the records you then load into the DataRaw. But in DataAnalysis you process the data that was loaded into the DataRaw table with both loads. So the wildmatch in DataAnalysis processes more rows.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yes, but I have 3 Loads.

RawData1:

Load with stuff as fieldA

RawData2:

Load with other stuff as fieldA

DataAnalysis:

Load From_Field(RawData1, fieldA) with the WildMatch stuff as fieldB

I expected that I only get fieldA data from RawData1 and not from RawData2, too.

That was a missunderstanding.