Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Not able to open QVWs using Qlikview after installing 11SR2

Hi All,

I have upgraded the Qlikview desktop by installing the latest "QlikViewDesktop_x86Setup.exe".

Now when i try to launch Qlikview by going to "All Programs>Qlikview>Qlikview 11" nothing happens.

I tried re-installing and still whenever i try to launch Qlikview nothing happens. When i try to open a QVW it says cant find the document.

It does not show in the processes that Qlikview started and I cant find any log either which can tell me that it started.

Has anybody faced this problem?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Prakhar

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try to start the Qv.exe application directly from the installation folder (on my computer, C:\Programme\QlikView11 but this may differ depending on your OS and selected folder during installation).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

I tried that and still nothing happens.

I opened the task manager to see if anything happens and when i double click on the application it just shows in the processes tab for a second and then goes.

Thanks for helping here!

Regards,

Prakhar

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Rename the settings.ini file and see it will open. You will have to lease a license again. The settings.ini file can be found at:

C:\Users\<your ID>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Britt.

Tried it but still nothing

It just doesnt open.

I will open a ticket for them.

Thanks

Prakhar Vyas

Not applicable
Author

This worked for me, thanks Bill!