Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading a pivot table

Hello,

I'm working on a Qlikview dashboard for my company and I'm trying to load in a .xlsx file, a pivot table, with on the left side the record numbers and on top the dates. The data I want to load is the amount of hours in a month the person has worked. When I try to load it, Qlikview loads it as: Person, Date, Data. The Data however is the same for Date and Data. In the table files display, it does show the right way. Find the .xlsx attached to this post. The data in the .xlsx is from a larger excel file, but because of sensitive information I can't distribute the whole file.

Many Thanks,

Duncan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the crosstable function. If you're using the table wizard select embedded labels under Labels.

Table1:

Crosstable(Date,Hours,1)

load * from etc...;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Could anyone help me with this?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the crosstable function. If you're using the table wizard select embedded labels under Labels.

Table1:

Crosstable(Date,Hours,1)

load * from etc...;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer, I tried that, but it doesn't work.. The problem is then i get output like:

Qlikview1.PNG

So I get Number, Date, Date.. instead of hours..

Not applicable
Author

It worked, Changed the names to the wildcard, I was wrong, thanks Gysbert Wagenaar.