Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

csv filetime

Hi Folks, I need to know CSV file modification time. I tried with filetime('C:\Documents and Settings\Documenst\Test.csv') and works well.

But I pointed the filename with web file and I got the null value.

let vExcelTime = filetime('http://myteamsusa/sites/New Folder/RMS_File.csv') and this returns null value.

Please help me, how can i get the modification time of the csv file on the web files.

Thanks,

Siri

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try like this

load date(filetime()) as vExcelTime

FROM

http://myteamsusa/sites/New Folder/RMS_File.csv;

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I tried that option and I got the null value.

I am not sure why Filetime gave null when you provide the filenamas FTP or webfile.

Please help me on this.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I do not believe that the HTTP or FTP protocols support the filetime call.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for reply.

Is there any other way to find the csv file modification time ?

Thanks,

Siri

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Siri

I've never tried to do ths from QV, but if you could send the appopriate LS command to the FTP site, you may be able to get the directory listing into a temporory text file. Exactly how would depend on what FTP client you use, but assuming you have one (or can find one) that will allow batch commands, you could execute this in a command shell bat file and then load the resulting text file to get the file date.

But a better way would be to see if the person generating the file can embed the date stamp in the file name and then attempt to load the appropriate date stamped file name. Or include a field in the file with the file create time.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein