Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plug in Not Reloading

In as QV document the user can add information to an Excel file. This part works fine. But the data will not reload. I have put a button on the sheet which is simply "ActiveDocument.Reload". But the data does not refresh to show the new data added.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Stephen

9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The IE Plugin cannot directly start a reload.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to "indirectly" start a reload?

Stephen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The most common way is to run automated reload on Server using QV Publisher.

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

Yes, we are doing that too. However, this QV document is quite dynamic. Users can enter comments from an input box that updates an Excel file from a button. I then need the document to reload. Other then scheduling through Publisher is there any other way using the IE.

Thanks,

Stephen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is possible too. There should be solution somewhere in the archived parts of this forum.

Not applicable
Author

You can have a button in IE that makes a request to a webpage. If you are using Publisher Enteprise, that web page could trigger and EDX job to reload the data. Or you can build something on the webserver that starts a reload at the command line.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jay. We are using publisher Enterprise. I see if I can do some research on how to make that work.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Jay,

Do have an example of the code for a macro behind a button that would trigger this? The Publisher manual has not been much help.

Thanks,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

I can give you ONE way, and hopefully someone who has done this can share any more robust methods.

Create a button. The function is Lauch/Export. On the Launch tab, in the text box next to "Application" paste the link that will start the job via EDX. Just the link. This should open your default web browser when you click it.

To get the correct EDX link to paste in there, search the manual for "Request EDX". The page in my 8.5 manual version is 112. You go to a page in publisher where you can build the correct link and test it.