Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show extended text only when there is a single selection

I have a single table with several thousand rows.  One of the columns is "Short_Description" and another is "Extended_Description"

Since the extended description can be several sentences long, I would like to display it in a text box, but only if a single record in the table has been selected. If there are no, or multiple, selections, it should be blank.

As I am scrolling my chart with short descriptions, I should be able to click on a particular record and get the extended description in anothe robject.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thnaks Rob.  I think that will work also.  Now I wish I could figure out how my reply to my post got posted 12 times...I kept getting an error saying it was unabe to post but apparently it was able!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Never mind - I was able to adapt from another post.  Thanks!

Text Box

=If(getSelectedCount([Short_Description])=1 andIsNotNull(Extended_Description])0,Extended_Description,0)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box

=If(getSelectedCount([Short_Description])=1 andIsNotNull(Extended_Description])0,Extended_Description,0)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box =If(getSelectedCount([Short_Description])=1 andIsNotNull(Extended_Description])0,Extended_Description,0)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box =If(getSelectedCount([Short_Description])=1 andIsNotNull(Extended_Description])0,Extended_Description,0)

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the Layout pane of your extended description object, check "Show Conditional" and enter this expression:

=GetPossibleCount(Short_Description)=1

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Text Box