Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subtotals in Pivot don't calculate correct

Hi all,

i've got an expression which calculates if the budget is greather than the reality.

If so, it should calculate is, else take 0.

So far it works. But in the pivot table, the subtotals miscalculate.

I found a post regarding a same sort of problem. (http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/15624/60908.aspx#60908)

Only the dificulty with this one, is that is should calculate if the sum is greather than another sum and not the keyfigure itself.

Can somebody help me?

Tnx in advance.

=(1-

(if(sum(budget.budget) - sum(facts.real) >0,

sum(budget.budget)) - sum(facts.real),

0)

/sum(budget.budget)

)

)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Try this expression in the chart:

avg(aggr( 1-(if(sum(Budget) - sum(Real) >0,sum(Budget) - sum(Real),0)/sum(Budget)) ,Employee,%Date_Key))

Are these the values you want? It's an average of the percentages--add them all up and divide by 5.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sub totals in pivot tables without a simple sum require an aggreagation - you might want to look at 'aggr' to resolve your problem. If you want to read up about it see 'sum of rows in pivot tables' in book 3 - Charts (P413 in 8.20 ref manual)

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

gordon.savage wrote:
Sub totals in pivot tables without a simple sum require an aggreagation - you might want to look at 'aggr' to resolve your problem. If you want to read up about it see 'sum of rows in pivot tables' in book 3 - Charts (P413 in 8.20 ref manual)
Regards,
Gordon<div></div>

I tried your solution, but it does'nt work:

= 1-(if(sum(Budget.Budget) - sum(facts.real) >0,avg(aggr(sum(Budget.Budget),EMPLOYEE)) - avg(aggr(sum(facts.real),EMPLOYEE)),0)/avg(aggr(sum(Budget.Budget,EMPLOYEE)))

It calculates the rows good, but the subtotals stay wrong.

Any solution?

Not applicable
Author

Two things:

I think there is a missing ')' at the end of the expression

What is the result if you also aggregate the conditional expression ('if(sum(Budget.Budget) - sum(facts.real) >0') ?

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

=
(1-(if(avg(aggr(sum(Budget.Budget),EMPLOYEE)) - avg(aggr(sum(facts.real),EMPLOYEE)) >0,avg(aggr(sum(Budget.Budget),EMPLOYEE)) - avg(aggr(sum(facts.real),EMPLOYEE)),0)/avg(aggr(sum(Budget.Budget),EMPLOYEE))))

the ) was missing in the reply, but if i create the aggr in the if statement also, it doenst work neither.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

ray-man,

could you please post an example? It would be much easier to help you...

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, but the data is confidential.

I will try to find another solution.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you could generate a similar example with random data, or you could scramble the numbers...

Not applicable
Author

Seems to me that the entire expression should be surrounded by aggr. The reason that your subtotals are wrong is that "if(sum(Budget.Budget) - sum(facts.real) >0" has meaning on the EMPLOYEE rows but loses its meaning on a subtotal row.

Something like:

avg(aggr(

(1-(if(sum(budget.budget) - sum(facts.real) >0,sum(budget.budget)) - sum(facts.real),0)/sum(budget.budget)))

,EMPLOYEE))

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

rey-man wrote:
I'm sorry, but the data is confidential.

See: http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/2008/10/example-is-worth-thousand-thread.html for tips on scrambling confidential information.

-Rob