Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visibility chart

Hi guys and girls,

i have a very special case to solve,pls help me...

I have a container box with imported pivot tables (a pivot tables are similar in structure dimensions,only conditionals in expressions are direrent).

Above it i need to create bar chart with dimensions common to all tables ---> Than i need to do some adjustment for changing a expressions values in chart,when i´m switching between tables in the container box.

Than as a bonus you could tell me,how put some chosen dimension to secondary axes (as in Excel),i cannot find it in options

Thx so much:-)

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jerry,

See chart properies, tab Axes.  Select the % expression, and in the Position section, choose Right.  Keep the $ expressions Left, which is the default.

Is it what you need?

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jerry,

I think that using container here is not the best idea.  I'd rather use only one pivot table and only one bar chart, and make expression (in both) conditional.  To switch between conditions, you can use a variable or a field.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Ok,i´ll try it....could you pls tell me an answer to point nb.2 - secondary axis ?!

Thx a lot

J.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want.  Here is what I use for "selected dimension".
Created a field %Dimension (as logical island) which contains the list of the field names which I allow to use as chart dimensions (e.g. City, Client, SalesRep...)
The chart (bar or line) itself has two dimensions.  The first one is time, e.g. Month.  The second is calculated:
=$(=%Dimension)
List box %Dimension allows only one selected value.  User selects 'City' - and City is the chart dimension.

Hope it may give you a hint, even if it's not what you're looking for.

Regards,
Michael

Not applicable
Author

Dear Michael,

i´ll try explain it by concrete case.

I have a chart with 2 dimensions (year,month) and then 3 expressions (one value in milions and next two in %).When i want to display all expressions in one chart,so i need to take expressions in % and put them to secondary axes to the right, because if i wouldn´t do it i´ll see only bars with milions of first expression and % not. In excel is a function "series options"- secondary axes (when you select menu for one of columns).

If i could put a chosen expressions to secondary axes on the right site of a chart i´ll see all three expressions in one chart.

Thank you for an advice

have i nice day

J.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jerry,

See chart properies, tab Axes.  Select the % expression, and in the Position section, choose Right.  Keep the $ expressions Left, which is the default.

Is it what you need?

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Yeah,it´s strange...i tried it before and it doesn´t work,now it works

Thank you so much,have a nice day

J.

Not applicable
Author

Michael just one more stuff - please:

I did what you adviced to me and i have next problem - a percentage aren´t in one line,they grow up and both lines look very strange. Maybe is it what your wrote to me and i diďn´t understand it - "Keep the $ expressions Left, which is the default"

Thx for help onemore time

J.

chart.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, don't have time to try.  I suspect it is because of two dimensions, year and month.  Try with one dimension.

Regards,

Michael