Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVS on a Domain Controller

Hello,

We have QVS 11.00 IR. We run it on a Windows 2008 R2 server.

Recently we had to promote the server into a AD DC. After that the server stoped working.

After looking around found that the server can not be run on a DC. Unfortunatelly now we can not uninstall the QVS and migrate it to another ser

We have noticed that there are old versions of QVS that supported the DC, so We are wondering if there is a possibility to keep running the server on the DC,

or at least a way to migrate the server.

Thanks for the help.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Support for this stopped in version 9. It is no longer possible to run QVS on a Domain Controller.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

While it's not possible to install QV on a domain controller, sadly it is possible for a server to be promoted to a domain controller.

Yesterday I got a call that QVS stopped working. I learned the administrator made the Server a back-up domain controller. My question is if I have him demote the server, will QVS then run or will I need to re-install? I would like to run QVS on the current machine and avoid the security set-up time involved in all of the documents.

Thanks,

Rich D

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Wow, that would be hard to answer. My understanding was that being there are no local groups we wouldn't work..

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.