Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview IIS suddenly stopped and wont start

Hi All,

the Qlikview IIS in IIS application pool has suddenly stopped and wont start. When I try to access reports in access point, it stops at loading content but wont progress further. Can someone please guide what could be wrong with it. When I check the error log, I see the following error

Application pool QlikView IIS has been disabled. Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) encountered a failure when it started a worker process to serve the application pool.

I will appreciate your quick response regarding this.

Thanks

Arif

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Open the IIS Management Console
Open the Application Pools node underneath the machine node. Select the QlikView Application Pool
On the right panel, select "Advanced Settings..."
Select the "Identity" list item and click the ellipsis (the button with the three dots).
Press "Set" and change the password there.

Press OK and then start the application pool in the right panel. Make sure it stays started.

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Arif,

Check to make sure that the service account password didn't change. If it did, you will need to update it in IIS under Application Pools and then restart the Pool.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I did change my windows account password. How do I update it in IIS application pools.

Regards

Arif

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Open the IIS Management Console
Open the Application Pools node underneath the machine node. Select the QlikView Application Pool
On the right panel, select "Advanced Settings..."
Select the "Identity" list item and click the ellipsis (the button with the three dots).
Press "Set" and change the password there.

Press OK and then start the application pool in the right panel. Make sure it stays started.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad,

That did the trick. It is working now.

Regards

Arif