Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi there Qlikview community,

I am having some problems on using section access in order to give certain views to different users.

my hidden script table is shown above

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,                       USERID,                         PASSWORD,                    VALIDATORUNIT

nkavroulakis,   nkavroulakis,   george55, BM200

TestUser,             TestUser,                       1234,                               BV50

];

All my records in VALIDATORUNIT are uppercase but still not loading any data at all.....
Any ideas????

Thank you in advance.

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It says the script execution failed and then when i try to run my file asks password....but still when i give the admin password no data visibilty at all.

Should i attach my qvd file ????in order to have a look???

Not applicable
Author

Yes i am sure

Not applicable
Author

It says the script execution failed and then when i try to run my file asks password....but still when i give the admin password no data visibilty at all.

Should i attach my qvd file ????in order to have a look???

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please attach your QVW file and one of us can look at the script. Meanwhile, can you make sure that you have used UPPER() function on VALIDATORUNIT field. Not just in the Section Access script but the actual field reduction should be in Upper Case. That could be the reason you are seeing NULL values.

However, please share the QVW & QVD files and I'm sure we can easily sort out for you.

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

As i mentioned before i used the hiddent script :

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,                       USERID,                         PASSWORD,                    VALIDATORUNIT

ADMIN,                       nkavroulakis,   george45,                     NV200

USER,                       TestUser,                       1234,                               BV50

];

To give diffrent access to users but it does not seem to work i get blank file.Can you check what is the potential error...

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone has any ideas..anything i tryied does not seem to work...:(

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Thanks for this example.

I did an export of your data (a single table called Validators_Boundaries) to a file called VB.QVD. Then I made a new model with some listboxes, and a script that does two things:

1. Load the SA INLINE table (missing from your example qvw) with the code from your comment immediately above mine.

2. Perform a LOAD of VB.QVD

Enabled both "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion".

This model works without a problem. See the attachment, this one has a disabled SA. To test it yourself, make a copy of this file (like "TestSA Secured.qvw") enter the script and remove the comment markers from the first line. Reload, save the qvw, restart QV and load the new file. Use the above credentials (in UPPER CASE) to enter the newly secured model.

You didn't forget to put Section Application; somewhere in your original script by any chance?

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Nikolaos,

don't know if you've already fixed but the really "misterious & magic trick" for me is  point 2 of Henric Cronström suggestion : all fields must be UPPERCASE.

You can setup anything in the correct way but without this little hint .. it won't work :O)

Best regards,

Fabrizio