Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Selections a sheet

Hi,

From the attached the application i have hardcoded the selection of EditionMonthName to Jan-Jeb but i want to make it dynamic, how can we do this,  can we      use T_STMP_UPD (datbase column), if so how can we implement it.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand what you need. If you want the EditionMonthName for the max T_STMP_UPD then first add an select in field action for T_STMP_UPD and next add a select possible action for EditionMonthName. That way the max T_STMP_UPD is first selected and then the possible values in EditionMonthName. You could add another action to clear T_STMP_UPD to clear the max selected value again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanx for your replay, Got some how to implement it and i have implemented what you said but  in current selections box am geeting some unwanted  fields, how can we get rid of them. From below image i dnt wnat display EditionMonth Filed this will create a confusion to user.. and find the attached app also.

Currentselections.bmp

Not applicable
Author

am facing one more problem here if i use select in field and select possible triggers it is selecting all the months,  it should select only one month i.e. currentedition(Jan-Feb). see the below image for reference.

CS.bmp

Not applicable
Author

It sounds like you want to select in Edition Month field, but not display it in the current selection box to avoid confusing the user? If so, look into using a Hide Prefix in the script.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/30878

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

Check attached file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.