Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

adding Totals

I have been successful putting all my data into a qlikview, I am needing to total something a particular list box.  I have a qlikview with customers, orders and drivers that ran  those orders. All drivers have multiple orders, and the total is adding up how many times all the drivers show up, I am just wanting to know how many drivers there were not the times they show up. I have created a statistics box already.  What is the proper way to just get the number of drivers? Total count gives me how many total orders, i am needing total driver that worked that month.

For example: Driver 1   25 orders

Driver 2    55 orders

I just want it to add up =2 drivers, not 80 drivers

5 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

Not knowing exactly the name of your field, something like Count(DISTINCT Driver) should work.

Or
MVP
MVP

If you've created a statistics box based on the Drivers field, a simple count should give you the correct number.

If your Drivers field is also a key, though, you should not run count() functions on it - QlikView will not be able to tell which table you want to count Drivers from. If that's the case, you should load Drivers a second time (as DriversForCount, for example) and base your count on that field. Alternatively, you can use a chart with the expression count(distinct Drivers).

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Here you need is distinct keyword.

Count(Distinct DriversField)

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

I added a statistics box to add the total drivers that are in another list box, and it is adding the total amount of times a driver shows up, I am just needding to know how many drivers show up, not their total frequency as well.

Not applicable
Author

the option to do count(distinctive) is unavailable, you can not put in a formula here, what do you suggest? there has to be a way to just total something.

QV.png