Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 Desktop on Windows 8

Hi, is anyone succcessfully using Qlikview Desktop v11 on Windows 8.

12 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

We have not been give a date when this will be supported. It will come with a Service release I would believe.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Same thing happened with Windows 7.  Microsoft were really sneaky and released a brand new OS without telling anybody in QlikTech.

Regards,

Stephen

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Stephen,

QlikTech doesn't start to build a supporting version until the problem is officially release. Microsoft can change any of their code in the IR releases at any time. So, if we are looking at a release and build a QV release to match and Microsoft changes something major then we have wasted Development time.

Also, I personally Managed a large NOC for several years.My team would never move servers and people to a brand new release as soon as it came out. We could not even start testing it till SR1 was released.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.