Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to Qlik

Hi,

I just discovered Qlikview and wondered if I could use it to display a nuber of graphs on one page, based on excel spreadsheet data.

I've tried to create a chart based on an excel spreadsheet using the wizard but I can't get it to display how I need it.

The spreadsheet has three col's, the first with frequency (radio) and then the second and third have measurements taken at a frequency points.

I need the x axis to be frequency and then 2 data series plotted against the frequency but I can't get it to work.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Phil

8 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please post a screenshot of your current graph, and include the expressions you're using for plotting both series.

Are you using aggregation functions, even though there may be only one Y-value for each frequency?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Sounds pretty straightforward.  Do you have a sample file and we can help you out?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I thought it would be straight forward, I'm probably missing something pretty obvious.

images below.

Spreadsheet layout

Image 2.png

Graph

Image 1.png

Not applicable
Author

Here is an example.  Obviously it doesn't look like your graph above since I only plotted a few data points.

Not applicable
Author

rebeccad,

Thanks for the sample file but I can't open it because I'm running the personal version, is there any training info/video of how to go about creating the graph?

Using the wizard it doesn't seem to offer the options to create a graph with the data aligned to the right axis.

Not applicable
Author

See attached. If you search YouTube you will find a lot of good demos.  Honestly, the biggest help is probably the Community.  Between asking a lot of questions and playing around on your own, you will get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I'll carry on figuring it out, I only downloaded it a couple of hours ago.

Not applicable
Author

rebeccad,

Brilliant, that document helped me to sort out the problem, a bit of a way to go yet but at least I can get the data into a graph.

Thanks.