Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selections filtering does not work properly when SET analysis is used

Hi,

I need your help. I have created a document with several tabs. I found that Selections or filtering does not work properly when I use an expression with SET Analysis. I have created Chart Tables in different tabs. In the tabs that contain tables with a column with an expression like the one below does not filter well. All other tabs that do not contain expression like this filter/select fine.

So, I have a table like this:

Project Name, Project ID, Completion, Section

The Completion column contains the expression:

count( {1<[Completion] = {'Green'}, [Section] = {2} >} [Completion])

The table show all correct data, when I click on 'Project Name'I expect all rows to hide but the one that contains the project name I click on, just like the other tables in the other tabs. The filter shows in the Current Selections object, but the table still shows all the rows.

In addition, I noticed that the values for the columns that do not contain SET Analysis is filtered out, and the values for the other columns is still shown.

So, in the table above, when I apply the filter:

1. I click on a Project Name value

2. The Project Name is shown in the Current Selections

3. All rows are still shown

4. Values for Project ID and Section are only shown for the project name selected

5. All values are shown in the column Completion

If I disable/remove the column Completion Selections works fine, as expected like other tables that do not contain these type of expressions.

Using SET Analysis is very appropriate for our data model, and very fast in terms of performance. So I prefer so use these instead of load scripts which take longer to load to achieve the same results.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The 1 in the expression count( {1<[Completion] = {'Green'}, [Section] = {2} >} [Completion]) means disregard all selections. If you don't want that remove that 1.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The 1 in the expression count( {1<[Completion] = {'Green'}, [Section] = {2} >} [Completion]) means disregard all selections. If you don't want that remove that 1.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have replaced with $, it works, thanks very much.