Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart 2 expressions in 1 line

Hi there all,

I would like to create a line chart with one dimention that contains 2 seperate expressions that are based on the same field. The problem is that i was asked to do a tricky visualisation where i have to combine these 2 lines in one, where the first line will go up to a point and the other line will continue from this point.Is that possible??

Thank you in advance

4 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can actually add the two expressions into one, just take care of the null values. if you dimension is time though, you could end with a gap. For example, if expr1 is up to 2012P11, and exp2 for 2012P12 and over, there will be a gap in the line.

If you could give more details, I could be of better help.

Not applicable
Author

Se euxaristw gianni gia ton xrono sou kai thn bohtheia sou.

What i actually have is a Quantities comparison graph by time. Where i have 3 plot lines one for Actual Quant,one for Forecast Quant and one for Budget Quant. The data will contain no null values so there is no consistency problem.

How can I manage to fit two expressions in one as you said i have not figured it out. I have sum(Actual.Quant) and
sum(Budget.Quant) as my expressions.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I would combine the 2 expressions into one :

if(isnull(sum(Actual.Quant),0,sum(Actual.Quant)) + if(isnull(sum(Budget.Quant),0,sum(Budget.Quant))

checking for null so that the result will not be null when either part of the expression is null.

Ότι χρειαστείς στην διάθεση σου!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much for the answer and your time giannis.You proposed solution works pretty well but I used the following expression =if(b.Month<Num(Month(Today())),sum(Actual.Quant),sum(Budget.Quant)) in order to do this in a more sophisticated way  .