Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help to instal QV11 on Ipad!!

Hi all, I need help, I have to instal QV11 on Ipad and see aplications from the server, but I have never done it before, does any body have any pdf to help me out whit this?? I don´t knos how to start.

Any help would be great.

Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The iPad app is free and available in the iOS App Store here. In the QMC, you need to check the "Mobile Client" in the Documents, User Documents, General, Server Availability and create an attribute in the same document named "Offline" and set to "True" (without quotes) in the Document Information tab.

Then, make sure that at least one document bookmark and one listbox is available in the document so you can download it for offline view.

Again, please check the documentation that is installed along with the QlikView Offline Service.

Miguel

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Javier,

If you are running QlikView 11, and you only want to see your current applications in the iPad, in addition to the laptops and desktop computers in your company, just make sure you can use Safari to get to the AccessPoint. You will not have any issue if you are able to do the same from any other computer using WiFi and a browser like Safari itself or Chrome.

If you mean Offline View, that means a bit of tweaking, you have a how to guide in the default installation folder of the service, usually C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView Server Documentation.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel for your quick response, and Yes, I meant to see on line server applications, Where can I download the Ipad Application??

Thanks!!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The iPad app is free and available in the iOS App Store here. In the QMC, you need to check the "Mobile Client" in the Documents, User Documents, General, Server Availability and create an attribute in the same document named "Offline" and set to "True" (without quotes) in the Document Information tab.

Then, make sure that at least one document bookmark and one listbox is available in the document so you can download it for offline view.

Again, please check the documentation that is installed along with the QlikView Offline Service.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Very Much Miguel, it was very helpfull, now I have it more clear, one more thing, if you have any document like a guide or something, I would really appreciate it.

Again thank you Miguel!!

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

As I mentioned above, I don't have anything else than the Reference Manual, that I'm attaching to this post just in case.  Check the Technical Bulletin and the QlikView Support Updates Blog and of course, the QlikView download site for updates on the product or documentation.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Ok, one last question, to get access from Ipad, do I need to add another user in QV Server?? or it works with the same as in laptop??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That will work with the same license you already have. For security reasons, even when you are onffline you will have to log in as the account you used to download the document (or anonymous if your server is set up to allow it).

Hope that helps.

Miguel