Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem when changing Management Service logon

Hi,

I want to change the Account service on a V11 SR1 Server on a IIS single machine).

(my new service account is a local administrator, is a member of the Active Directory, and is a member of the local group QlikView Administrators).

If I change the service account for every other QlikView Service, all is okay.

But when I change the service account for the QlikView Management Service, (I restart the service, and even then server), the QMC display that 2 or more services are down (while services are running). If I set back the old service account for this service, all is ok ??

It isn't the first time I've this problem.

I'd like to correct without reinstalling the server.

Is anyone have an idea ?

Best regards

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

That should work if you first stop all services, then change the logon account, then you start services again. Note that permissions in local groups are applied when the user logs on, so if you have not done it yet, just log on to the QlikView Server with the new account, then log off, then make the changes as mentioned.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Miguel, I hadn't heard about that trick with logging on as the service account to finalize permissions. Thanks for the tip, will keep it in mind for the future.

Vlad

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You're welcome!

I don't know how this behaves in different versions of Windows but, so far, local groups require logging on to the computer where the group is, as opposed to domain groups, that spread their membership from the AD in a few seconds.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't work

Any other idea ?

Best regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are you running the Windows Services Console as an administrator (right click, run as administrator)? Even if the user is an administrator the UAC (that should be disabled completely) may avoid some changes in the system...

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Don't forget to change the Application Pool logon also.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your answers,

but I still have his problem.

Do you have any other idea ?

I've even tried to uninstall and reinstall QlikView Server (Including erasing the QVPR).

I think I 'm gonna open a ticket on QlikTech Support

Best regards