Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

scheduling and maintenance of qlikview reports and qvds

Hi Guys,

I am new to qlikview and have developed some reports on qlikview, which gets data from qvds, QVDs in turn get the data from SQL server database.

now I want to schedule the QVDs to refresh on a certain time daily or may be twice a day and also need to refresh the qlikview reports to get the latest data from the database.

Please let me know that how to automate this process, as of now I do it manually.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Kriti

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This sounds like a job for QlikView Server (+ Publisher)!

Not applicable
Author

Create a task for the QVW file which create the QVD in QEMC

Not applicable
Author

Ok might be a silly question but then how the reports will be refreshed or scheduled to run on Qlikview server??

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

you should have to  make batch file for that.or using reload time functionality the reports will be refreshed

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I searched for something similar. I need all my QVDs to be refreshed automatically at 7:30 am and at noon on working days. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Keshav Pandya,

In Qlikview Publisher you have an option in document properties to schedule your qvd's as you wish.

Go to Settings->Document Properties->Scheduler...There you can define the start and end timings to refresh your qvds and for specific days as per your requirement .

Regards,

Sandeep

Colin-Albert

With QlikView server you can set a reload schedule to reload your QVD generator at 0730 and repeat say every 4 or 6 hours or another interval.

Then you can schedule your application QVW to reload on successful completion of the QVD generator reload.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please take a text file and type the below code and save as Test.bat format.

title Test.bat

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r "E:\Test.qvw"

EXIT

Now schedule the above batch file in Windows Task Scheduler in your  desktop.

This will help You.