Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with QV10 Accesspoint using IIS and windows server 2003 local users no AD

Hi,

I have QlikView Server 10 with IIS as a web server with no AD, I have the account lock out policy threshold =3  (windows server 2003),the IIS Authentication Access is integrated windows Authentication and the anonymous access is disabled.

when user enter wrong password it lock him out after first trial

Not sure what might cause that

Is IE send the the wrong credentials 3 times ,  or should I change settings in IIS authentication??

can you please help

thanks

Alex

15 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView doesn't do authenication that is a Windows function.  You might want to look at this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

IIS configured  to support  NTLM protocol for network authentication in my case

isnt the right way??

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I missed read what you are asking and I am soory. You want to have it so if a user tries to login with a bad password it will lock the account after three tries.  If you look under Administrator tools and Local Security Policy you can try changing the account Lockout Threshold. See the below. I have never used this on a local server, but you can give it a try. Please let me know if this works for you.

BillQV10-2012-12-26-12-15-37.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

the account lock out policy threshold =3

but still lock out user after one  bad attempt

any clue why??

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sorry, I do not know why.  Might want to try contacting Microsoft.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

well

Im not sure if its QlikView or IIS issue??

help please

thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Authenication is a IIS issue and not QlikView. We do not authenicate the users Windows does that.

Not applicable
Author

can you explain the IIS configration for QlikView access point when there is no AD using windows server 2003 ???

thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sure, under the DSC you would setup the local Directory. Please remember this has nothing to do with authentication. QlikView only does authorization.

QV10-2012-12-26-14-29-31.png

Bill