Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Horizontal bar chart with horizontal scroll bar (paging button)

Hi all,

I am trying to replicate the following report widget in QV:

jobrole.png

Notice the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom. In QV, it seems I cannot have two things at once: a horizontal bar chart with a horizontal scroll bar (it is always  horizontal chart + vertical scroll bar or vice versa).

Another way to look at the horizontal scroll bar would be as a 'paging button'. That is clicking > gets you to the next 'page' of the chart displaying lesser and lesser values. I have no idea how to do that either. I have experimented with various object properties (X-Axis scroll bar, Reversed etc.) with no clues.

Thanks for any help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Something like this perhaps:

Temp.png

See the attached for a qvw and a data file.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Would an Other bar help you, as set up under the Dimensions Limits tab ?

This is a little clunky in that it:

1. doesn't show you were you are (i.e. which page your on)

- you may be able to determine that using a rank() function though and display it as text in the chart

2. doesn't allow you to move backwards seemlessly

- I think you need to clear the field or press a back button

3. depending on the data volumes It may reduce the widths of the other displayed bars

Maybe you can create a buttons outside of the chart to 'select in field' the top 5, then the next top 5 etc. alongside that you could have another button to 'clear field' for the previous selection, though I'm not sure how you'd do that, else reselect the top x number of pages worth.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

Yes, I have been looking at Dimension Limits. However, I am not sure how to visualise middle intervals, e.g. values lesser than 40% AND greater than 30% of the total. Looking at properties, you only select values lesser OR greater than a specific value, but never both at once:

values.png

Considering that, let's go back to the horizontal scroll bar idea. I reckon it would just be a neat macro preserving the vertical scroll bar's function yet displaying it horizontally (where would the macro go to - Edit Module?).

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Something like this perhaps:

Temp.png

See the attached for a qvw and a data file.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See this post that explains how this works:

http://yahqblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/paged-charts-in-qlikview.html

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

Any chance to apply the same thing to my works? I have been trying hard for a week. I didn manage to apply to my work

Can give some clue? attached is my work