Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering Multiple Values - Advanced Search

Hello QV community,

I would really appreciate some help using advanced search (or a useful alternative).

I have a list of contact ident numbers 1A - 100F, but I would like to filter 1A, 6B, 9F, 10C and another 15 numbers, is there a way of seaching them or adding them to an expression on a straight table. I would like to keep going back to these sets of numbers after checking a different search. So I was thinking of an advanced Search but I am not sure how it works.

So the idea is I can search for 20/30 number sets and copy the script into note pad for later use.

Please let me know if you would like a better explaination.

Thank you in advance

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried using bookmarks? If that doesn't work for you, have a look at the attached qvw (created by rebeccad). It allows you to enter a list of values in an input box and use the list to select the values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you tried using bookmarks? If that doesn't work for you, have a look at the attached qvw (created by rebeccad). It allows you to enter a list of values in an input box and use the list to select the values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert,

The Attached Qlikview did the trick. I can now paste a bunch of company numbers in the box and get the results I need.

Thanks

Mark

Not applicable
Author

I'm new to qlikview, but I will use this one later on .

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Kind regards,