Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Management Console on Win8/2012 Start Menu won't display

I know that QlikView doesn't officially support Win8/2012, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback/suggestions etc on this

We're doing testing for our own products on these 2 OSes prior to installing at pilot locations wanting to use them.  Our installer (which incorporates v11 SR1) creates a shortcut to the QMC web page in the Start Menu, which Win8/2012 both turn into tiles that appear on the Start Page and All Apps pages.  The problem I'm having is that clicking on the tile causes one of two things to happen:

1. On Windows 8, IE 10 opens in "Full Mode", and I see the address bar at the bottom with the correct address listed, and just a continuing animated "..." until a message finally appears that the page can't be found
  2. On Windows Server 2012, if I'm logged in as Administrator, Windows pops up a message saying that the built-in Administrator account cannot be used to launch the app.

However, if I open IE (which brings up the standard browser window) and put in the address, everything works fine.

Can anyone give some guidance on if there's a fix for this being planned, or if it will be addressed in the next release.

Dennis

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Re: Item 1: the specific error message is that the page cannot be displayed, and says to verify the address, look it up using a search engine, or reset the connection

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Windows 8 and server 2012 is not a support OS for QlikView at this time.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I understood that, but is there an ETA as to when there will be some sort of pronouncement from QlikView re: Win8/Server2012?  We already have customers wanting to install our app suite on Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, and management is anxious to announce that we support installations on these two operating systems.  i wasn't sure if I should file a ticket for the tile issue or not given that there isn't official support for the new OS, but my manager wants us to make sure there's some awareness of this.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

We have not been given a release date for a supported version of QlikView.  Support will not work any tickets on this until it is officially supported.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
cpiocpio
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have done 2 installs

1 On an upgraded Server (w2008R2 to 2012) and they did work.

2 . A brand new install and they did not BUT.

If you use the URL in Internet Explorer, then works fine.

If you create your own icons on the “Normal Desktop”, they work fine, but Windows
Like SQUARE box Icons ones it makes did not work, unless you go to SPANNER and
use the “Use Desktop option”

Even more strange, the net, the client reports they do now!!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Mike,

Welcome to Windows security. They only way I know to do it is the way you have done it.

Bill