Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Strange calendar behavior

Hi.

Happy new year to all of you and thank you for the community

So, at new year, new strange issue.

I give you below the screenshot of one of my application that give me a strange thing concerning the calendar.

grab pivot.jpg

As you can see, I have the first row which is the year of documents on which I do the accounting in the pivot (just a count function), second row is the week, and third is the delivery date.

So basically, at the end of year 2012, is logical to have week 52 and 1 appearing as we have deliveries on both weeks.

But it is not logical there because if we refer to the year, we should normally have 2013 for the week 1   The two fields are in the load script : [Entete Année] = Year([Entete Date]) and [Entete semaine] = week([Entete Date])                  where [Enete Date] is the date of documents stored in the DB.

Any idea ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So, finally, the weekyear function gives the good information if I use a calculated dimension for the year instead of the one loaded in the script. If I use month as dimension, we have a week 1 within december. It's weird but logical.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You should probably use the WeekYear function instead of the Year function for the Entete Année field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert. in the time you were answering, I had a look at it, and it seems that I should comme from that mistake. I'll confirm later as soon as I have verified.

Not applicable
Author

So, finally, the weekyear function gives the good information if I use a calculated dimension for the year instead of the one loaded in the script. If I use month as dimension, we have a week 1 within december. It's weird but logical.