Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Message error in Qlikview Publisher, help!!

Hi all, I´m totally new in Qlikview Publisher, but I have this mesage error in Qlikview Publisher:

1/2/2013 7:30:25 AM Warning Failed to allocate new QlikView Engine. Retrying! Current usage count=0 of 2 (of type non-reader).
1/2/2013 7:30:47 AM Warning Failed to allocate new QlikView Engine. Retrying! Current usage count=0 of 2 (of type non-reader).
1/2/2013 7:31:10 AM Warning Failed to allocate new QlikView Engine. Retrying! Current usage count=0 of 2 (of type non-reader).

Does any body know how can I solve this error???

I appreciate your time guys!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Javier,

QlikView Server (with or without Publisher) will trigger a QlikView Engince (qvb.exe) for every reload process. There is a setting that controls how many QlikView Engines might be running at the same time.

If, for example, it's set on 2 the 3rd process that wants to run will get queued and will have to wait for a qlikview engine to become available.

What you can do is, first increase the number of "Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for distribution" to the mininum between the number of cores -1 and 9. Next you should check your reloads and make sure there will not be more running at a single time than the setting.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Javier,

QlikView Server (with or without Publisher) will trigger a QlikView Engince (qvb.exe) for every reload process. There is a setting that controls how many QlikView Engines might be running at the same time.

If, for example, it's set on 2 the 3rd process that wants to run will get queued and will have to wait for a qlikview engine to become available.

What you can do is, first increase the number of "Max number of simultaneous QlikView engines for distribution" to the mininum between the number of cores -1 and 9. Next you should check your reloads and make sure there will not be more running at a single time than the setting.

Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The number of engines should be equal to or less than the number of processor in the machine.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Bill, processors or cores?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Daniel,

It is cores, but most people I take with call them processors.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

OK, Thank you both Guys, one last question, could you give me a print screen of where I can set this setting??

Regards!!

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

img8.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Daniel, But I´m Using QV 11 and I have no that option in set up Tab, where could I find this setting??

I attached a print screen of my customer server for a better understanding.

Thanks for your help!!

Console.png

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

max concurrent reloads.png

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I got it now!!

Thank you Daniel!!