Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to interpret this error message?

Hi all,

We go this on the QVS with no QV Publisher:

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error: The task "0553 Australia/Finance/SL_0553_Credit control aged debt report.qvw" failed. Exception:

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error: Parameter name: stringToUnescape

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape)

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path)

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

but when I relaod it manually it works fine.

How to know/see what is worng?

Thanks

12 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

It seems to me like loop & distribute or loop & reduce is configured for this document but no value has been specified.

Check the task settings to see if something looks odd.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but as I wrote we do not use Publisher only Enterprise Edition Server.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Ok, sorry, didnt see that.

Check this thread http://community.qlik.com/thread/66415

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you using any type of macro or post/pre reload setting to set any values?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

No problem Daniel. Thanks

No, just a plain daily reload.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I recently got this error too, and I do have the Post Reload settings to set a specific values. It is working fine when I run it manually, but once I scheduled it, it stopped working. Would you care to share what's causing it and what the potential solution would be? I appreciate it.

Here is the error:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: stringToUnescape

at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Thanks,

Anton

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Anton,

On page 889 of the Version 11 reference manual it states the following:

The following triggers are not to be used in the QlikView Server environment, since they lack meaning or

may cause unexpected results:

OnPostReduceData

OnPostReload

So, I would think this has something to do with your issue.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your prompt response. My apology, I just checked the trigger I used, and it seems to be using "OnOpen" instead of the others you mentioned above. Come to think of it, I did use the same file on 2-3 different enviroments (Servers), and they seem to work just fine.

When I got this error yesterday, I did a couple test:

(The error happened when I schedule it to run 2/12 at 3am )

1. tested it manually on 2/12/13 at 10am - fine

2. tested it again using scheduler at 1pm, and I logoff from QMC and from the server at 12:55pm - fine

(When I logged in to the server to run the task manually, I use the QV Dist Account, so tried to let the scheduler to run if while I'm not in it to see if it makes any different).

Is there any other error logs that might show some clue (Event Viewer, etc.)? By the way, I'm using QV11 SR2 (11440).

Thanks a bunch,

Anton

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Anton,

I was going by your post " I do have the Post Reload".

Not sure why it runs at times and not others. Is the service account a Domain account? What version of QlikView are you running.

Bill