Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Supressing/replacing unwanted calculated %values

Hi all

I'm working at a University, where we just got QV. I'm relatively new to the program and have run in to a problem when calculating precentage.

In a column I want to show "Number of Students" (sum of the variable "Frequency") for each Study, as a percentage of max(year) selected compared to the year before.

I've done it like this:

=num ((Sum( {$<Year={$(vYear)}>} Frequency ) - Sum( {$<Year={$(vPrevYear)}>} Frequency ))/

Sum( {$<Year={$(vPrevYear)}>} Frequency ),'#.##0%')

It works fine. The only problem I have is, that it caluculates "-100%" when there are zero students in the selected year (because the Study is closed) and at least 1 student the year before. When I sort the data by negativ values, all the closed studies come out on top and I don't want that (they are not that important ).

The solution for would be to replace the -100% by either a "-" or a text string like "No enrollment the selected Year". Can it be done?

I apreciate any help you have

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Bruno

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this:

if(Sum( {$<Year={$(vYear)}>} Frequency )=0, 'No enrollment in the selected Year',

num ((Sum( {$<Year={$(vYear)}>} Frequency ) - Sum( {$<Year={$(vPrevYear)}>} Frequency ))/

Sum( {$<Year={$(vPrevYear)}>} Frequency ),'#.##0%') )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this:

if(Sum( {$<Year={$(vYear)}>} Frequency )=0, 'No enrollment in the selected Year',

num ((Sum( {$<Year={$(vYear)}>} Frequency ) - Sum( {$<Year={$(vPrevYear)}>} Frequency ))/

Sum( {$<Year={$(vPrevYear)}>} Frequency ),'#.##0%') )

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

It worked perfectly

Cheers

Bruno

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

It worked perfectly

Cheers