Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Accessing QlikView WebServer From Another QlikView Server!

Dear Community.

1)  I have two different windows server 2003 in the same network.

2) on First  server(server Name-- Administrator) i have installed Qlikview Server 11 SR2.

3) on the second server(Server Name --Sharepoint) i have only installed Qlikview webserver.

4) Now from server i want to access the webserver of the second server.

5) inorder to perform the above activity i tried the following.

--> On server i stop the Qlikview webserver service. and the remaining 4 services are up and running.

-->  then i added the second server webserver in first server as follows.

----------------->QMC------> System-->setup--->Qlikview server----> click on the + sign ----> i added the url of the second server as follows.

-------------------------------------->http://192.168.1.102:4750/QVWS/Service

so now the URL appearing in Qlikview webserver list.

i cross check the services in the Status->services-----> QVWS@192.168.1.102 running on 192.168.1.102 status running.

on second server on the following location C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml

i added the the IP Address of the First server.

find the attachment of the fille.

when i try to access the access point in first server it's prompts login page i entered the username and password of the second server.

it logged in but with the error message NO SERVER

why i'm getting this error message as such,

find the attachments.

so somebody help me to sort out the issue,

Thanks,

Mukram.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill Britt,

i followed your procedure added in QEMC.

but still i'm getting same error!

kindly find the attachments.

Thanks,

Mukram

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is the service account that this QVWS running under the same as the one the other service accounts are running under?

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill Britt,

Now i was trying to run all the services with same account QVADC\Administrator which is a domain account,

it's showing in the services Qlikview services are started but on QEMC it's showing services are not running.

i tried by restarting the Qlikview services but still i'm getting the same error.

find the attachments of screen shots.

Thanks,

Mukram.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Need to make sure this account is in the Administrator group on both machine and a member of the QlikView Administrator group.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Dear Bill Britt,

1) I have a Domain accounr QVADC\Administrator.

2) I have local account in Qlikview server dotnet\Administrator which is member of Qlikview Administration ,Local Administration and DOmain Administration.

3) I am using QVADC\Administration Account in Sharepoint server  for Qlikview webserver which is Domain Account  not Qlikview Administration Account

please can let me what is going wrong with my settings.

Thanks,

Mukram.