Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Colouring Specific Months Using Expression in Background Colour

We have a Straight Chart in horizontal format.  Using expressions we have data rows of inventory data in monthly bucket columns.

We want to use the background colouring to identify (visual clue) when the freeze fence (lead time) from the current month.

For example:

If this was month 6 (June) and the Freeze Fence is 3 months - therefore, the cells in months 6, 7 & 8 should be purple and months 1-5 and 9-12 would remain grey

Month1Month2Month3Month4Month5Month6Month7Month8Month9Month10Month11Month12

Needless to say each SKU will have it's own freeze fence of 0 to whatever so we do not want to colour the header.

I'm hung up on the IF statement ... currently I have

if  ((CalMonth) < (FreezeFence), RGB(90,0,150),  RGB(100,100,100) ) 

Just having a brain fart on the logic - I know I need to add the freeze fence value to the month number less 1, then colour those months purple and the rest gray.

Please and Thank you in advance!

DD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please look at attached document. Special case is when the freeze goes over into the next year.

I've solved that by checking if the freeze goes over the next year.

Kind Regards,

Dion

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please look at attached document. Special case is when the freeze goes over into the next year.

I've solved that by checking if the freeze goes over the next year.

Kind Regards,

Dion

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Well reply by Deon!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dion! Thank you so much for your help!  It worked great with a little tweaking specific to our need.  I'm terribly sorry for the delay - work - life - stuff - got in the way!

Have a grrreat day!

Däv