Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

accesspoint.aspx not accessible.

Hello All,

I am trying to use IIS as a web server rather than the QV web server. When I enter the URL http://localhost/QVAJAXZFC/AccessPointSettings.aspx  in the QV web server, it shows that qvws@localhost is down.  I also dont seem to find this accesspointsettings.aspx any where. I have even changed it to /accesspoint.aspx as I am using QV 11 and I can see a file named accesspoint.aspx but The QV server is still showing that QVWS@localhost is down. Can someone please guide me if I am making a mistake

also when I try to access http://localhost/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx  I get the error

TTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable

Even if i try to browse this file from within QVAJAXZFC directory inside the website in IIS Manager, I still get the above error. All the rest of aspx and html pages are accessible if I try to browse them from within QVAJAXZFC directory

Regards

Arif

17 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Why is there "custom" in front of the username? Is you domain called "custom'?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

I was using the Custom\ while practicing earlier. I have corrected that already (although it's missing in the screenshot) but it still does not work.

Please see the following image for the new snapshot.

AccessPoint_issue.JPG

I placed username as just 'mukram' and it returns the above dialog box but it's still not working. Please help?

Thanks,

Irfan Ghori

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Make sure the below setting on your server are the same as below pictures. Also, did you change anything in IIS?

QV11-2013-01-14-11-47-23.png

QV11-2013-01-14-11-47-41.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Yes I do have changes, because I am trying to achvie this via DMS mode.

The users whom are going to access  might not be  NT Users.  well I did it before as you discribe and thats working fine as you are expecting.

Well, I am trying to achive it with Header Authentication.

1. I first setup the Qlikview webserver with out iis and configure the DMS with Header, Its worked Fine.

2. Stop the Webserver Service.

3.Configure IIS and Modify the Qlikview Server with IIS and try to invoke AccessPoint.

Note : 

I) As i mention before  that Qlikview 11 doesnot contain AccessPointSettings.aspx so I didn't change the url of Qlikview web server.

2) As we know we have AccessPoint.aspx in Qlikview 11 I try  with it  too, But Issue is same.

Irfan Ghori

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hello,

I'm trying to use DMS with header authentication using QVWS  but I faced the same problem.

Did you solve it ?

Thanks.

Regards

Andrea

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This will show you how to setup for headers and how to test the setup with Fiddler.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I followed every step in the pdf file but it doesn't works, I still get the window asking for username and password.

What web session I have to use in Fiddler ?

Maybe I have to use the Composer ?

Thanks

Andrea

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Now It works fine with IE and Firefox but it still doesn't works with Safari, asking me for username and password.