Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

swf files in Extension Objects

Hi All

I am trying to figure out how to include a swf file in an Extension Object using the Gantt Chart example from the SDK as a reference. The code for the Flash object prepares the following HTML string (and then there are a bunch of parameters):

html += "<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0\" width="" + ganttWidth + "" height="" + ganttHeight + "" id="" + chartTitle + "" >";

When I refresh the page in QlikView it asks me to install Flash Player. I already have the appropriate version of Flash Player installed on my laptop and I can successfully display the swf object within a standard HTML page, but the QlikView Extension Object does not recognise this. I have tried accepting its suggestion to install Flash Player but it does not seem to install (or help at all).

Is there something special that I need to do to enable QlikView to recognise the installed Flash Player? Does it need to be registered within the web viewer that is used within QlikView (if that exists)? Any other ideas? I am using QV10 SP1.

Thanks

Al.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have this working now. I was using 64-bit QV and Flash Player does not work with 64-bit IE. So I re-installed as 32-bit QV and it works.

Not applicable
Author

Is 64-bit vs 32-bit an issue with QV 11 and the current flash player?

Not applicable
Author

Is 64-bit vs 32-bit an issue with QV 11 and the current flash player?

Not applicable
Author

Flash player comes both in x86 and x64 version. You need to install the same version as the qlikview one.