Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to add mounted folder

In QV Server 8.5 i want to add Mounted folders in Management Server, after adding one and then click on Apply the folder disappears from the list. The folder is mapped on my server from another machine.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Change the account used by QlikView Server service from Local System to a domain user account with read/write access to the folder. Also as mentioned below, use UNC-paths. Mapped folder may not be mounted before the service starts if you reboot the server, causing errors.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you trying to use a mapped drive? I don't think you can use mapped drives with QVS, because it is running as a service.

You may able to use UNC paths -- \\server\shareName\folder -- but I have not tried this. If a UNC worked, the account running QVS would need permission to the share.

-Rob

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

UNC paths should work fine as long as the account used by QVS service got read/write permission on the folder (pgo-files and shared objects will be created by the service in the mapped folder).

Mapped drives might work as well, but is not recommended.

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Change the account used by QlikView Server service from Local System to a domain user account with read/write access to the folder. Also as mentioned below, use UNC-paths. Mapped folder may not be mounted before the service starts if you reboot the server, causing errors.

Not applicable
Author

Thank's for your post.

It works with unc path \\server\\folder, and with a domain account used with the windows service.

But with a domain account , we had problems on Oracle connection with Publisher and reload task.