Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Email PDF with Publisher

Hi All

I have a QVW that has 7 reports in it. I want to send each of those reports out as a PDF to specific people using Publisher. (eg Report 1 to person 1, report 2 to person 2, etc)

The selections for each of these reports are off of a single bookmark.

Does anyone have a specific guidelines as to how to do this?

I've been trying to fool around with it but couldn't get it to work.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The difference between version 10 and 11 you can use the email field within the document. In version 10 you have to use the User Email that is in AD. So all users need to be in your AD with an email address and the users in a field in the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, first of all, you need to make sure that your Publisher license has the PDF feature. Assuming it does, distributing reports in such a way is still not very easy. If you want to do it truly automated, you will need to create a table of username, associate it to certain report filter values, and do a loop-and-distribute in Publisher.

It will probably be a lot easier to manually distribute to each user--i.e. create 7 identical tasks, just changing the distribution. Btw, to do any emailing from Publisher, your users' email addresses need to be associated to their accounts in the AD. Another btw--this whole things is much easier (and cheaper) with NPrinting.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

My publisher license does have the PDF feature.

So If I make 7 reports in my QVW, your suggestion is to schedule that QVW 7 times? Each task will be for a different report that is sent to a specific user that I specify?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yep--believe me, this is much easier than actually setting up a loop-and-distribute, because you only have 7 recipients.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Do you have any instructions on how to do this when using a bookmark selection?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, the bookmark is already built into your report logic you said? So just got ot Distribute >> Manually >> Distribute via Email. Then go to Distribute >> Filte Type >> PDF report, and select your report. Alternatively, you can also apply a bookmark from within Publisher on the Reduce tab ("Reduce By Bookmark").

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

I have different 500-700 pdf files for each area managers.. how can I fix it? How can distribute for each area manager via email?
Without any seperate tasks. Did you done such case? It would be very helpful for me, if you have a solution....

I can distribute with loop function into different pdf files but all these file are sendig to the same users....

There are no documentation about this....

Best Regards....

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You would need an email of the AD users in your document and do a loop and distribution off of this field.

Attached is a document that shows using an email field that is built into the QVW.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

thank you for the quick reply! Our customer has the Version QV 10 SR5. In your document you wrote "Starting in Version 11" ??
But I can also send PDF reports to users via Email with the Version 10... and the Management Console it looks same as in Version 10...

Regards

Mary

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The difference between version 10 and 11 you can use the email field within the document. In version 10 you have to use the User Email that is in AD. So all users need to be in your AD with an email address and the users in a field in the document.

Bill