Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro does not trigger when selecting with Shift key on LB

I have a macro to trigger whenever a selection is made in the list box. The macro get triggered all the time EXCEPT when I select the items with Shift key.

I have the macro enabled on the onchange and onSelect. If I select an item with just a clik on an item, or using CNTRL key to multi select the macro is triggered, but if I use Shift key to select more than one item, macro does get called.

Any idea what I am missing?

I have added the excel file and the qvw file for reference.

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is this a bug in Qlikview?

Not applicable
Author

Having the exact same problem.  I even put in MsgBox at different places in the macro to see the progress; and with all other selection methods it goes through just fine.  However, with Shift+select the macro is not even triggered.

Am searching all QV KBs etc to see what I can find.

Not applicable
Author

After much searching; the kb, the reference materials, the Dev I and II handbooks, and the blog I could not find any other entries talking about why Shift-select behaves differently from ctrl-select or drag-select.  I settled for creating a layout condition since my macro was setting a show, no show value.  I checked the OnSelect, OnChange, and OnInput on both the Field event and the Variable event that was a simple count distinct of the field current selections.

As far as I can tell QV does not have any information on this problem.

Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem. I tried to get around it by creating a variable set to the distinct count of field selection and attaching a trigger to the change of the variables. The variables correctly changes, but the trigger attached to it doesn't fire on Shift+click selection (although it does fire correctly on other selection types).

I also tried the document event trigger OnAnySelect. That doesn't fire either.

Not applicable
Author

Macro running is inhibited by using SHIFT. Don't know if there is a way around it.