Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in set analysis

Hello everyone thanks in advance for taking the time to check this.

I have the next expression to get the balance in wich i have to sum(Debit-Credit) but i have to do this from the first record to the last like accumulating the values, so i use this expression:

sum({$<RefDate={"<=$(=Max(RefDate))"}, Year={'*'}, Month={'*'}>} Debit-Credit)

this works fine when i have only Account as dimension like this:

2.JPG

The problem is when i add the month dimension it does not accumulate the values and i get this:

1.JPG

As you can see the totals are the same as the first table but the amount im getting its only for april so i would like to have it in april in the second table so im guessing its a problem with the set analysis i hope someone has already done something similar and it could help

Regards

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you split the expression by month in your chart table, in every column you have access only this set of data (one month). For this case you should use the chart range functions. I think a combination of RangeSum() and Above() could be your solution. Look for this functions in the QlikView help, and you will find some examples.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I've already tried to accumulate by using Before funtion but it only works for the firsts months i'll try mixing it with rangesum and see what happens

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Alfredo, best way to solve this in my opinion is by script, either by having a field with the accumulated value or by having an accumulated dimension, something like

TypeMonthToShowMonth
AccumulatedMar-2013Jan-2013
AccumulatedMar-2013Feb-2013
AccumulatedMar-2013Mar-2013
Not AccumulatedMar-2013Mar-2013