Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connection's duration by user

Hello All,

I am trying to calculate the connection's time ( by min)  of every user connect to the server.

I tried to use Session.log but we can't have a exactly result because a session = open document and when a user open 2 or more documents in the same time, we don't have a right result.

So i think that's more simple to use Audit.log  to calculate the time between two events ( select , extract .....) if the difference less than 5min.

I can't see how can i make a expression to calculate that taken into consideration User , Document, date ...

Thanks

Regards,

Keney

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

It seems like a really bad idea honestly, the Audit log will not only take performance away from users but will also generate really large files.

You should read the session log files and work on overlapping the sessions in different documents.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for your answer.

Sometimes in Session log we have not the name of the user so we have a duration without name of the user.

Even if i will use Session.Log can i have a expression that take in condition the user, time , cube ... ?

Thanks

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You have several fields with user information, please check them all to make sure not all of them should be empty. Fields are QlikView User, Authenticated User and Identifying User.

You probably won't be able to achieve want you're trying to do with an expression, you should look into doing it in the script, if you build an example with several users sessions and upload the qvw and data I (or someone else) might be able to help you.