Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathan_dau
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with Back/Forward actions

Hi everyone,

I've got an issue I want to discuss with you because I don't find a solution. Here is the problem:

I've created a button to display or hide some selection boxes. I'm using a Set Variable action to change the value of the variable and then display or hide the filters. Everything works great of course.

But during the navigation when you display the filters, make some selections, hide the filters and then press the back button the filters are displayed again. It's of course normal because the variable value comes back to the previous state. But I would like to go back to the previous selection without changing back the value of the variable that displays my filters. I've tried to use Alternate States but unsuccessfully.

Do you have any idea ?

If you don't understand the issue because of my imprecise explanations you can have a look at the attached application.

Thanks

Jonathan

5 Replies
jvishnuram
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi,

I think this is the thing you want, find the attachment.

jonathan_dau
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for your answer but this is not exactly that. I would like the variable that displays filters to be independent of the back/forward action. But I don't know if it's really feasable. Thank you anyway for your time.

Jonathan

pennetzdorfer
Creator III
Creator III

Hey Jonathan,

were you able to solve this issue?

Regards,

Florian

Not applicable

You can vote for the related idea:

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/2802

Would be a nice feature to be added

Not applicable

You can write a macro,as to trigger on Any Select. In that macro, write a function to go Forward once, copy the value of the variable to a new variable. Then write a function to go Back. Now copy the value from the new variable to the required variable. I had the similar situation and with this approach its working fine.