Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II

Can help for generation of PDF from Command Line

Hello Friends,

I am new in QV. I had Qlick View Personal Edition v10 . I want to generate the PDF from the command line. But I to do that I don't know.

However, After some searching from the Qlik forum I had come to the know the that PDF can be generate without Macro. For that I had

to do some setting as follows:

1. Go to Menu "Setting"

2. Select Option "Document Properties" 

3. Select Tab "Triggers". Selec

4. In Document Event Triggers Select "OnPostReload". Add Action->Select Action Type "Print". Select in Action "Print Report".

My Confusion start here. Here we have to fill two things as follows:

Report ID: ??????

(How I will get the Report ID. FYI, My Qlick View Document Name is "RND1.QVW")

Printer Name: ?????

(I don't have the any "PDF Writer" or "PDF-Xchange ?", But FYI, When I select "File" Menu in that there is no option of  "Print as PDF". But There is a option of "Print Sheet")

Please let me know what setting I have to do it.

It will also be great thanks if, I get the macro script for printing the QVW File. And how to configure.

Please send the script. Don't send the Example.QVW because I can not open here.

I am awaiting for the solution. Thank in advance.

Thanks

Shantanu

I am awaiting for the solution. Thank in advance.

Thanks

Shantanu

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hello Shantanu,

The Report ID you find here: Reports -> Edit Reports

You can find here the list off all your reports. In the second column you find the ID, f.e. RP01

Printer Name is the name of your printer, which save the "document" as pdf-file. There are some free ones, I think, f.e. Free PDF.

A macro for printing the qvw-file? Why do you want to print the file?

Regards Vicky

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Dear Vicky,

Allot of thanks for prompt response.

When I gone to "Report" Menu and select option "Edit Report" every thing is empty.

I am zero in Qlik View friend. It will be great if you try to make me understand the Qlikview tool.

1st let me tell what I had understand by my self and if I am wrong please correct me.

I am Actuate Report Expert. I had developed many report. Such type of report I am also trying to develop in Qlikview but could'nt do it. One thing more For Eg: If any report goes more the one pages, Then how we take the printout.

Next: Answer to your Question.

I want to understand that when we develope any QVW file how we should take the output printout of QVW files(Not the QVW File code/script) which, we are seeing/viewing on the screen. FYI, From DesKtop I know. I want have a output of QVW file in PDF file from command line.

A macro for printing the qvw-file? Why do you want to print the file? Ans: I want to know alternative solution for creation of PDF file from QVW file which we develop.

I am puzzled here.

As I understood that QlikView is very good data analysing Tool. But can we develop Convesational Report in Qlikview. If yes, till what extend.

Since, I had personal edition It will be great if you dictate me or put script on paper about development of one small report having only two column having grouping with step by step so that, I can develop here.

Awaiting for your reply

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu

Not applicable

Dear Shantanu,

Maybe, I have misunderstood you. You can in QV create Reports with edit Reports. This opens a blanc sheet, where you can order you objects form the QV-Sheet with drag and drop. This Report becomes an ID, f.e. RP01. This one you can print out in the way you trying out, or with a small macro, something like
http://community.qlik.com/message/210255#210255.

Printing out the QV-Sheet, where you have ordered the objects for seeing it on the screen, is printing the sheet in the trigger menu, not printing a report. The sheet - ID is something with SH -> right klick on the sheet -> properties in the right area beside the title-field.

You can find here http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/free-training some free training, where you can learn about QV.

I hope, I could help a little.

Regards

Vicky

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Vicky,

Thanks for response.

Some what I had understood. And I have to struggle to go in dept.

Thanks & Regards

Shantanu

Not applicable

After  giving the id and printer name nothing is happening please help me i m new in qlilview , i want to generate pdf by qlikview how i can ? i follow the above steps but i got nothing. so please reply me as soon as possible.. thnks in advance..

Sher Bahadur.

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Sher,

If you are referring to generating a printable report (say, a PDF report), Then 1st create the report. Follow the step to create the report.

There is the Report Menu

Click Reports

Click Edit Reports

Click the Add Button

Name your report, (And if u does'nt give Report Id after saving it will show as RPT1.) Then Click OK

Click Edit>>

Make sure the Report Editor Window is smaller than the QV window

Drag objects from the QV window into the Report outline

Arrange/size objects, add text, add Headers/footers as required

Click the Reports menu item in the Editor

Click Report Settings

Click the Selections tab

Check the Loop ... checkbox and choose a field on which to band

Click OK

Click the Print Preview icon to see a preview of the report

Dismiss the Preview

Click OK

Click the Reports menu item in the QV desktop

Click on your report name to open a print window from which you can also preview the report again if necessary

Before do following process 1st Install PDF-XChange 3.0

After Report Development

Take Button. And on Button Action Call Macro

In Macro Create one function Suppose Fun1_pdf_gen

in that function

write the following script

ActiveDocument.PrintReport "RPT1", "PDF-XChange 3.0", false

Save the Macro

Click on the button u will aske to where to save pdf. Give file name with proper path.

NJoy

Shantanu

Not applicable

thanks  Sahntanu but now the new problem is created while using the drag and drop features the original format is not coming and so please help me that how we can generate the pdf in our original format as in database.(means after creating a chart or pivot table ,when we drag the those thing the format is changed) so plz help me..

Thnks Shantanu...

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hey Guy, Can u send me the example. Let me check

Regard

Shantanu