Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension group outside a graph

Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to have a dimension group outside a graph by itself. I could use a normal listbox but I dont want the different dimensional rows to show, I just need the group.

Like a global choice of dimensions in a single little object that only allow me to choose dimension but not showing me any values or anything else.

Ideas?

Kind regards

Peter

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Groups are defined globally, i.e for the entire document. You define a group once and can use it in any chart. If you use the group in several charts they will all be updated if you change the active field of the group.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yes I know that but that is not what I am looking for.

I am looking for an object that only containts the dimension group choice and nothing else. So that I can use the object to choose which dimension to use.

Then that will affect all graphs where I use the dimension group, but the key is to have the object with only the group and nothing else.

Maybe I try with a straight table chart with just the dimension group and no expression.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I know that but that is not what I am looking for.

I am looking for an object that only containts the dimension group choice and nothing else. So that I can use the object to choose which dimension to use.

Then that will affect all graphs where I use the dimension group, but the key is to have the object with only the group and nothing else.

I solved it myself now.

Used a straight table with the dimension group and no expression, then I hid the top list.

Not applicable
Author

Something like this?

Cheers