Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I hide a button that selects a bookmark if that selection would return 0 results?

I have three buttons, each of which activates a bookmark.

Each bookmark is for monitoring purposes - they highlight certain records that require investigation by a user.

eg

Expires Today

Overdue Tasks

New Complaints

Sometimes though, there will be no records for the user to check, so I don't want the relevant button to be visible. If there are no matching results I don't want to waste the user's time clicking on buttons that give them nothing.

How would I hide the button?

EDIT: If this is not possible, as an alternative, how would I return the number of matching rows?

eg

Expires Today (12)

Overdue Tasks (14)

New Complaints (0)

Message was edited by: Andi Mohr

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to use set analysis to check the number of records, something like:

=count( {BOOKMARKNAME} FIELDTOCOUNT)

where FIELDTOCOUNT is the field name that you need to count to get your number of records.

BOOKMARKNAME is the name of your bookmark.

I think you can use this expression as is in a conditional show expression for the button (on layout tab of the button properties).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You should be able to use set analysis to check the number of records, something like:

=count( {BOOKMARKNAME} FIELDTOCOUNT)

where FIELDTOCOUNT is the field name that you need to count to get your number of records.

BOOKMARKNAME is the name of your bookmark.

I think you can use this expression as is in a conditional show expression for the button (on layout tab of the button properties).

Hope this helps,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan, this is perfect! This allows me to do both, I can hide the button, and display the number of results.