Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I link QV to a Access database on my C:?

I am trying to link to an access database C:Payroll.mdb. I know I have to type something in "Edit Script". What should I type in edit script or if you could point me to an article?

I know I can link to a table within the access database, but can I also link to a query?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Force 32 should do the trick: There is no 64-bit ODBC driver, so you need to use the 32-bit ODBC driver.

The following script works on my computer:

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [MS Access Database;DBQ=C:\Northwind.mdb];

SQL SELECT Address,

City,

CompanyName,

ContactName

FROM Customers;

but it depends on what your Data Source (Edit Script -> Tools -> ODBC Administrator 32-bit -> User DSN) is called and what data you want to load.

HIC

View solution in original post

9 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't think there's any way you can link to a query, unless your query is contained within a table (may be a cool idea to do this, as I've never seen it done).

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

I found out that the problem was that I had to click the box on the inital screen to "Force 32".

Not applicable
Author

I found out that the problem was that I had to click the box on the inital screen to "Force 32".

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Force 32 should do the trick: There is no 64-bit ODBC driver, so you need to use the 32-bit ODBC driver.

The following script works on my computer:

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [MS Access Database;DBQ=C:\Northwind.mdb];

SQL SELECT Address,

City,

CompanyName,

ContactName

FROM Customers;

but it depends on what your Data Source (Edit Script -> Tools -> ODBC Administrator 32-bit -> User DSN) is called and what data you want to load.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

You are absolutely correct.

Thanks for the input.

Not applicable
Author

Henric

Do you have any idea when say the graph below which is for a particular VP’s overall OT% for his entire division to jump to another chart that I have built (see second chart below) so that the VP can see the % by department – sort of a qlick to drill down to the detail.

Thanks

Tim

Jump to this chart when I click on one of the lines in the above chart

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think you should make a drill-down group of the two fields ([CostCenter Description] and [VP Name]). You can do this under Settings -> Doc. Properties -> Groups. Then use this as second dimension in the graph.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

It is possible to get data from a query in Access as it is possible to connect to a view in SQL Server or Oracle.

You simply make sure the the View setting is checked when you explore the tables an you can see any table, view, query in the database.

John