12/15/2012Saturday
12/20/2012Thursday
1/11/2013Friday
1/12/2013Saturday
1/14/2013Monday
1/18/2013Friday
1/19/2013Saturday
1/20/2013Sunday

Lets say I am on sunday 1/20/2013 so I need to go to the last monday which is said to be mine prior week, it's easy for me to do so what I am doing is

=if(weekday($(vRefreshDate))='Sun',date($(vRefreshDate)-6,'MM/DD/YYYY')) where vRefreshDate is the latest refresh date and storing alll this in a variable and then use it

But here comes the tricy part lets say my last refresh date is 1/12/2013 so ideally prior week should be 1/7/2013 which is monday but that date is not available so now what I want is that if that date is not available then my variable will pick the last refresh date before that monday which is 12/20/2012

Please lemme konw if u need any clarifications

Thanks in advance

Shashank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Something like this:

=if(weekday(vRefreshDate)='Sun',max({<[Last Refresh Date] = {"<=$(=date(vRefreshDate-6,'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>} [Last Refresh Date]), vRefreshDate)

Assuming [Last Refresh Date] is the name of the field and that it is in MM/DD/YYYY format.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Something like this:

=if(weekday(vRefreshDate)='Sun',max({<[Last Refresh Date] = {"<=$(=date(vRefreshDate-6,'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>} [Last Refresh Date]), vRefreshDate)

Assuming [Last Refresh Date] is the name of the field and that it is in MM/DD/YYYY format.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I tink its working fine, Please could u explain how its doing this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Could you please tell me how can I implement this set in the script and store its value into the variable

Thanks in advance

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In psuedo-code:

If the weekday is a Sunday,

Take the most recent (Max) value of Last Refresh Date that is before or on (<=) 6 days before vRefreshDate (vRefreshDate-6) and return that date.

else

return vRefreshDate.

Regards

Jonathan

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest that you start another thread as this is a new topic

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi J,

I have already started a new thread

http://community.qlik.com/message/305022#305022

Thot that may be you know this

if You know it please reply in new thread

Thanks,

S