Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic Reload with QlikView already opened

Hi all,

i'm evaluating QlikView for both historical Data Analisys and Near-Real Time Monitoring (i.e. new data each 15 minutes):

A question about Reload for Near-Real Time Monitoring with QlikView Enterprise (no server)

is it possible to automatic reload data each N minutes with QlikView already open, so that users will view new data elaboration with no interaction?

I've searched a lot in the forums, but i only found how to batch reload

tnx

luca

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

With QlikView Server serving the clients with the document you can set it up to refresh gracefully without the need to re-open the document.

Check the Server tab under Settings - Document Properties in QlikView.

So if you have document A opened via Server and the document A is reloaded by someone, QlikView Server will know that the document has been updated and load the new document in to memory and do a seamless switch, depending on the graceful refresh settings you use.

There should be more information on this in the reference manuals.

Not applicable
Author

it's clear in the server arch. what i don'y understand is if it's possible with the developer version: if i batch reload (for example i launch a script to regenerate a qvd), and qlik is opened, the opened instance of qlik is able to verify that qvd is changed and reload it?

thank you very much

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not really no, since the QlikView document has no real relation to the QVD file except that it's specified in the load script.

There are of course always ways to work around these things, like a macro that checks if the QVD file size has changed and initiates a reload. However, there's no such solution out of the box.