Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter chart as quadrant map

Hello,

I am trying to create some kind of quadrant map with a scatter chart, but I can't figure out how to get my dimensions and expressions right.

I have a number of answers to satisfaction and importance of several things in a shop. I want the average of each satisfaction-question to go along x-axis and the average of each importance-question go along my y-axis. So I want the same question in one bubble, like expedition time satisfactory as x and expedition time importance as y.

I can only get this to work for one question on x and one question on y. I calculate the avrage like this:

((Count(If([(Expedition time?) Customer satisfaction  . What do you think  about the following  .. (6 is best)] = 1, Antall))*1)+

(Count(If([(Expedition time?) Customer satisfaction  . What do you think  about the following  .. (6 is best)] = 2, Antall))*2)+

(Count(If([(Expedition time?) Customer satisfaction  . What do you think  about the following  .. (6 is best)] = 3, Antall))*3)+

(Count(If([(Expedition time?) Customer satisfaction  . What do you think  about the following  .. (6 is best)] = 4, Antall))*4)+

(Count(If([(Expedition time?) Customer satisfaction  . What do you think  about the following  .. (6 is best)] = 5, Antall))*5)+

(Count(If([(Expedition time?) Customer satisfaction  . What do you think  about the following  .. (6 is best)] = 6, Antall))*6))

/(Count(Antall))

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get the chart to show more than one bubble?

In the picture you can see how it looks like now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey,

i think i solved this one myself, but maybe someone else encounter this problem sometime in the future.

For my Dimension i created a ValueList('question1','question2') and so on for as many question that i have. and also SurveyID as a second dimension.

In my expressions i put

=if(ValueList('question1','question2')='question1',

if(ValueList('question1','question2')='question2',

5))

for my x-axis and y-axis.

Instead of the numbers 3 and 5, I am instead using the average number from the answers. So for my x-axis expressions will be  Avg(satisfactionquestion1) Avg(satisfactionquestion2), and for the y-axis Avg(importanceQuestion1) Avg(importancequestion2).

If that make any sence at all? I am happy anyway because my scatter chart is now working the way I wanted it to!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Can you post a QVW with some data? it might be a faster way to get help.

Not applicable
Author

I get my data from a excel sheet, which is answers from a survey, so i have each question at the top, and answers is from one to six on each question, and you have to answer all these questions. I have several hundred lines of answers. If that is clearer? Can't post the qvw or the excel file..

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

i think i solved this one myself, but maybe someone else encounter this problem sometime in the future.

For my Dimension i created a ValueList('question1','question2') and so on for as many question that i have. and also SurveyID as a second dimension.

In my expressions i put

=if(ValueList('question1','question2')='question1',

if(ValueList('question1','question2')='question2',

5))

for my x-axis and y-axis.

Instead of the numbers 3 and 5, I am instead using the average number from the answers. So for my x-axis expressions will be  Avg(satisfactionquestion1) Avg(satisfactionquestion2), and for the y-axis Avg(importanceQuestion1) Avg(importancequestion2).

If that make any sence at all? I am happy anyway because my scatter chart is now working the way I wanted it to!