Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

"Login failure" while logging into Access Point with IE8

Hello,

We´re facing a problem with some users connecting to our QVS.

When the user is out of office and try to login into Access Point and he/she is using a proxy (see the image attached) a "login failed" message appears, BUT the user can logs in.

While the session is active (user clicks and so on) sometime a msgbox "Failed to Authenticate" appears.

It´happens only in this situation (IE8 behind a firewall).

Any ideas? Unfortunately due some security procedures, "whitelisting" my domain at other proxies is not an option.

Desenho1.jpg

Capturar.JPG

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm seeing the almost the same issue. But it does not happen all the time and it happens with multiple browsers. At least IE8 & FireFox but I think also with IE9.

Our QVWS is also behind a proxy. What type of proxy are you using? And with type of directory are you using?

Thanks,

Tim

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Try to config this site in exception list in your browser and config your proxy server to don´t use a proxy service to Qlikview.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable

We are using a reverse proxy to allow people on the internet to contact the internal QVWS. So there is no way to give people direct access if they are external. They have to pass the proxy.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I don´t recommend use a proxy server because you need to config Qlikview and Proxy to communicate correctly far as I know.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM