Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE 8 and QV plugin

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has encountered problems with using IE8 and the QVplugin, as recently we upgraded to IE8 and the plugin stopped working.

I have rolled back to IE7 and now the plugin works fine, but user can't export to excel (2007 version) anymore, I have seen that in a previous forum that the right server build and plugin have to be used, I have checked this and they're both the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Gavin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

QlikView is running as an intranet page (which in our case is appropriate), and my browser was running it in Protected Mode (we use Vista).

After turning off Protected Mode for Intranet locations, the plugin began loading correctly and functioning normally.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to confirm that we're also having problems with IE8 and QlikView. We're using plugin version 8.50.6231.5.

The web page cannot be displayed - it's as if QVP:// is not linked to the plugin. In other words, QlikView is not throwing errors because it will not even load.

Not applicable
Author

Have you tried: qvp://<your domain>/<your monted folder>/<your application.qvw> ?

Our links had to be changed when upgrading from 7.52 to 8.5.6261. Earlier there was /qvplugin/ in the url.

/Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try checking your internet explorer sercurity settings.

Try to add your site name to trusted sites in internet explorer.

Tools--> Internet options--> Security --> Trusted sites--> Sites and add your url.

Hope this should help you.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them and if they're successful I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Gavin

Not applicable
Author

QlikView is running as an intranet page (which in our case is appropriate), and my browser was running it in Protected Mode (we use Vista).

After turning off Protected Mode for Intranet locations, the plugin began loading correctly and functioning normally.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Most times the problem is that IE8 or 7 sometimes likes to lockdown when microsoft updates are applied. One such lockdown that will kill the qv plugin client is located under (In IE8 or 7) Tools > Internet Options > Security > a little check box called Enable Protected Mode. Uncheck that and restart IE, that might do the trick in this case!

Hope this helps!

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What also will help is to uncheck the option "allow active content to run in files on My Computer".
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security

Greetz
Robbie

Not applicable
Author

HI. I'm having an issue similar to this using IE 8 or 7 and QlikView 9R4 plugin.

IF I place this link:

http://10.54.2.55/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=QVS@SERVER%7CMODEL.qvw&client=Plugin

directly into the browser.. the WindowsServer ask for user & pwd and then opens the document without issues, but if I place this as a link in favorites then it opens a logon screen from QV and later fails to load the document. IF I kill the IE process directly in the task administrator, then it reloads, the IE (version 😎 says that an error ocurred and was fixed an then it opens the document...

So far, this is only happening in Windows 7 and IE 7 or 8. I've already tried all the suggestions here and setting of the windows firewall and the behavior remains the same..

any clues??

Thnks !!!

Not applicable
Author

Turning off protected mode also solved my IE pluin issue in IE8  - thanks for the tip 🙂