Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Renaming of Dashboards

Hiya Guys,

I have had a request from Management to rename all of our current Dashboards using a new naming convention (consisting of <<Country>>_<<DashboardName>>).

Simple, I thought.

However, renaming the Dashboards causes QMC to lose all connections, reload schedules, and Document CALs to the (originally named) Dashboards.

I THINK I've managed to get myself out of a hole by renaming all the Dashboards back to their original names (everything appears to be set-up correctly?!) - although my question is:

Is there a way to rename all of our Dashboards without having to write-down all the current settings and then manually reconfigure QMC?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maybe this is not your answer but, have you think about to use document attributes? That way you can define an attribute called Country, and assign the correspondent country in each document, without needing to rename anything. Users can easily browse all documents by Country, or whatever attribute you define.

JG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Juan,

I will send you the e-mail address of my Manager... you can repeat your answer, above, and back me up with the suggestion of using Categories and Attributes (I originally suggested this and I was over-ruled)  🙂

It's nice to know someone is on my side (and that I was correct for suggesting it!)  🙂

Cheers,

Steve.

Not applicable
Author

I am not sure if possible, but have you taken a look at the Power Tools? Maybe there is one that can make your task easier. Power Tools are here: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059

JG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Juan,

I'll try and have a proper investigation of these on Monday - I've briefly looked through the Release Notes and Read Me documents... I assume these Power Tools need to be deployed on the Server?

I'll let you know if there is anything of use.

Cheers,

Steve.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Steve,

Did you find a solution for what you are looking for?

I need to rename 20+ dashboards and was wondering if there is a way to rename them without having to go through the process of recreating their tasks.

Thanks,

Gerard

Not applicable
Author

Hiya gfrangieh,

Unfortunately I haven't had time to look at the Power Tools Juan mentioned above.

I believe finding a pre-written Power Tool to do the job may be our only hope... perhaps you could do some research for the both of us and let me know?  🙂

I am tied-up with another project at the moment and so have no time to spend on this, sorry.

Cheers,

Steve.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This can be done with a little work.

1. Copy the original Dashboard and rename it.

2. Under Source Documents right  click on old task and copy task.

3. Right click on new document and paste the task. Make sure you unclick
the General box so it will uses the new document name.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I ended up going with your suggestion Bill.

Maybe that is something that Qlikview should consider for future releases. An easier way to rename

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yea, it is simple to do. Another way you could done it was when the document was distributed you could have chanced the name there. See the below, the orginal file name is Films.qvw and when it is saved to the AccessPoint it is named bob.qvw.

QV10-2013-04-25-09-35-03.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.