Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

QlikView with Internal and external users

Hi experts,

Currently my client has the requirement to build a qlikview environment for internal and external users. I have struggles finding the right architecture for this. These are the most important requirements:

• The external users must be able to log on from the internet and are not availabe in active directory.
  • The external users are not allowed to use all of the server's resources. This can be risky because of the internet access mentioned before.
  • The same document might be used by either external and internal users.

Currently I've come up with the following architecture:

• 2 qlikview servers
  • 2 qlikview webservers
  • Daily copying the qvds from internal to external qv server.

Can you come up with an architecture that uses only 1 qv server and guarantees that the external users cannot use all of the system's resources?

For example (in case of 1 qv server), is there a setting that limits the amount of resources consumed by the external webserver of the qlikview server?

This way we dont need to copy the qvds and it is cheaper of course...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Tjeerd

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Yes, with two servers you can separate users and make sure external users don't affect internal ones.

You should look into the QES (QlikView Extranet Server) as it might be more convenient if the number of external users is high.

You should also look into a way to authenticate external users.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

By resources you mean CPU and memory? there is no way to limit them, if that requirement is engraved in stone then the only possible arquitecture is having two servers.

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the response Daniel. That requirement is engraved in stone, yes. Is it possible to do this with 2 SBE servers if CAL requirements are met?

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Yes, with two servers you can separate users and make sure external users don't affect internal ones.

You should look into the QES (QlikView Extranet Server) as it might be more convenient if the number of external users is high.

You should also look into a way to authenticate external users.

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot!

Not applicable

Hi,

Can any one tell me is this requirement possible if I am using single SBE license and not using QES (Qlikview Extranet Server)?

Is it really possible for External users to communicate with Internal users or with Qlikview Access Point in SBE License?

-Yojas

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

If you're using a SBE license, then you can only have Windows or AD users logging to your server.

You can create local server users and have your external users login with those credentials.

Not applicable

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your Inputs!!

But I forgot to tell you that Server in the LAN and not having Internet.

In this situation is it possible for external users to acces Server in Domain?

- Yojas

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Well if your external users are outside your LAN then you would have to look for a way to make the qlikview server visible form the web, but as far as authentication goes you can still use local windows users for them to login.