Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i get advanced qlikview knowledge ?

Hi There I am new to QLikView and i must say it is pretty amazing. Anyway i am used to old MDX B.I style.

I have worked through the QLikview ELEarning , finished the tutorial and started looking at demo's. However i have so many questions and need advanced knowledge. Especially on scripting and expressions, set analysis etc. I cannot find any books on qlikview, so basically my question is where do i go next ?

How do i learn more about how to do common mdx stuff like parrallel periods variance , sales over months in QLikview expressions, how do i script a table that has multiple time keys that would normally require multiple dimensions.

etc etc.

Any point in the right direction to getting more advanced helpful documentation on QLikview would be geratly appreciated, especially advanced scripting for complex data models and equivalant expressions for common MDX functions.

Thanx

18 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

#8. Use the Qlikview Cookbook http://robwunderlich.com/Download.html

There have been 1,850 downloads of the latest version of the Cookbook since it was published in December 2008. I hope someone is using it!

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob This seems to be what i am looking for, should be of great assistance.

Thank You

Not applicable
Author

Same thing for me, thanks Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Did you download the Tutorial and Reference Manual that is available with QV 9 to download? Please do that. the tutorial will be enough to get you started, however for advanced knowledge, the refrence Manual and the automation guide will be required.

It will be lot of read & do required.

Rgd

sohel

Not applicable
Author

Dear,

Here is the way I started.

First 2 days - Demo by an export - Hmm'Not Bad'

Next 1 week - Read throght developers giude and saw some samples - Geeked 'Interesting'

Next 1 week - Tried soem samples with record set features -Smile 'WOW'

Then onwards - QlikView Icon fell in love!

Sky is the limit for your QV dreams. Try out the descrete programming logic in C/Java etc mainly using sets. Everything will work and the application will be more faster.

Cheers, Arun

Not applicable
Author

great thread, thanks for all the tips.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Arun,

Any specific material you have obtained while you got trained other than what is available online?? I would appreaciated if you can share it please. I am really looking for some good material which would help in advance scripting. Also can you share your work related experiences with QV please?

Thanks Again,

Madhu

Not applicable
Author

2.5  Online Free Training of QlikView: http://www.qlik.com/us/services/training/free-training

I have found this as a great accelerator for learning QlikView. We use this as part of training in our company.

Not applicable
Author

If you have iTunes there is a Great Podcast put on by Answersharks.  Just search for answersharks or Qlikview tutorial under podcasts.